Truck Rental and truck Hire
Flexibility is key to the success of the Value Truck Rental Division with its national footprint catering for all rental options anywhere in South Africa. Customers have a choice from more than 4 600 vehicles in the 1 - 8 tonne range of LDVs, dropsides, panelvans, curtainsides and demounts, or 18 - 32 tonne truck tractors with pantech, flatdecks and curtainside trailers. Specialised units are also available, including 1 - 12 tonne refrigerated vehicles on an ad hoc or contract basis, vehicle-mounted cranes, hazardous material transport and specialised fixtures for the film production market, all manned by a pool of carefully selected and highly skilled drivers and crew. Customer service is of the highest levels, which results in constant repeat customer orders.
The Linehaul Division offers four broad categories of operations:
- National – hub transfers within SA borders
- Cross-border – to and from Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique
- Local – within the boundaries of Gauteng
- Containerised operations – includes moving import containers from ports, collecting rail deliveries at Kazerne, transporting to destuffing destinations and return, amongst others services.
Truck Rental operations are available from branches in all major centres countrywide. Various offerings are available:
- A credit card facility for first-time customers
- Ad hoc truck rental
- Monthly contracts available to customers requiring vehicles for longer periods
- FML (Full Maintenance Lease) option for customers requiring vehicles of any capacity over extended periods
Value Moving Truck Rentals offers a core pool of highly qualified drivers, supplemented by additional drivers sourced from labour brokers to cope with higher demand periods. All drivers comply with a stringent selection process that includes details on age, employment record, criminal record, and TETA accreditation requirements. TETA accreditation includes proven skills in defensive driving, dangerous goods training, customer service, documentation and other essential areas. Code 14 drivers are allocated to specific vehicles, the safekeeping of which becomes their responsibility. Specialised crew members are also available for each type of application.
Security is maintained by 24-hour surveillance of each vehicle in Value’s control room based in Tunney.
Maintenance of a fleet of this nature is vital to the success of the company. Value is an accredited Nissan dealer, and all fleet vehicles are maintained at our state-of-the-art workshops. The Isando workshop, for example, services some 2 000 vehicles on a rotational basis, employing highly trained and specialised technicians.
Back to Value Group Company Directory